1. What do you like the most about the type of art you are doing?
The sense of exploration and discovery. It is still exciting to me.
2. What programs do you use that help you create your images?
Really, only Apophysis. I do some color enhancement with Photoshop Elements occasionally and I use it to add text and resize images. On rare occasions I might add a lens flare or something really basic.
3. Who has been a major influence to you in the way you approach art,
and who is your favorite artist and why?
I think everyone in the fractal gallery has had an influence on me. My favorite artist? I just discovered an amazing artist today on DA ... "Zhuzhu" from China. A true artist that can work in several styles. I also admire the creative work of EddieTheYeti. Sometimes frightening, always fresh and inventive. And prolific.
4. What is the best piece of advice you would like to pass on to other deviants
regarding the creation of artwork?
If you are serious about your art, never compromise the quality especially if you work digitally. Experiment, be inventive, and spend a lot of time learning the software. And don't be lazy. Be the best you can be and don't compromise. And put in the effort to be your best. Do it!
5. How did you get interested in computer art?
Started using Fractint with DOS. Have not lost the sense of exploration since that time.
6. Who inspires you?
My viewers on DeviantART. I try my best to produce images that they appreciate. The viewers of my work are amazing! Honestly, they inspire me to do my best.
So far, our featured artist's have been......